See UnitedUniversity.org for One University of the Americas.
W O R L D V I C T O R Y G A M E S B L O G
THE PICTURE THAT SAYS A THOUSAND WORDS
FOR AN IMAGE OF PEOPLE GATHERED FROM AROUND THE WORLD CONSISTENT WITH THE OLYMPIC IDEAL, PLEASE COPY THE LINK TO A BROWSER:
The Story Behind the Detroit Princess Riverboat Forum Image in the Above Link: The Forum with Scholars and Friends from every major world region on 25 May 2019, Detroit Princess Riverboat immediately followed a walk through the grounds of the Henry Ford Estate following a drive, with narration by an award-winning engineer and a music by a Fulbright, past local international gathering places for visiting international dignitaries including a Prime Minister who spoke in a peaceful edifice resembling hands pressed together (not pictured). Those in the image are pictured on the Riverboat traversing the waters beneath towers of the GM Ren Cen and Detroit Marriott, the 2nd tallest hotel in the Western Hemisphere, across from Windsor, Ontario.
The Story the Day of the Detroit Princess Riverboat Forum Image in the Above Link, Part I: International participants disembarked beside Detroit's world-renowned annual electronic music festival walking to the International Memorial to the Underground Railroad between gateway pillars on the Detroit River, a U.S. National Heritage River. Continuing on the Detroit RiverWalk -- later expanded and ranked as the #1 best river walk in the nation by USA Today in 2021 -- Forum walkers discovered a plaza monumental engraving of a map of the world overlooking Ontario and Michigan skylines with bridges and underwater tunnels for the busiest international land border crossing on the world's longest open international border.
The Story the Day of the Detroit Princess Riverboat Forum Image in the Above Link, Part II: Also, on 25 May 2019, consistent with the Olympic spirit blending culture and movement, the Forum experience continued thru the GM Ren Cen Winter Garden reaching the People Mover driverless train station for a 15-minute circuit around Downtown overlooking high rises and an angular view of Ford Field and Comerica Park which hosted Super Bowl and World Series championships. With Little Ceasars Arena, ranked in 2019 as one of the 5 busiest buildings in the world, the major professional sports venues are said to be USA's most pedestrian-friendly sporting venues.
The Story the Day of the Detroit Princess Riverboat Forum Image in the Above Link, Part III: The Forum continued with a narrated trip on the afternoon of 25 May 2019 past a Tunnel to Canada to a) Grosse Pointe Lakeshore Drive and Nautical Mile to Freedom Hill Amphitheater, where U.S. Presidents 43 and 45 spoke next door to fields for 1,000 youth soccer players, to b) pass the News and Free Press complex, and to c) an evening walk thru a moving skywalk to bid visiting internationals Farewell in the atrium of Somerset Collection's 1 million sq. feet of luxury retail, the largest upscale mall between New York City and Chicago with 140 shops and eateries.
WELCOMING THE YOUTH OF THE WORLD TO THE GAMES
One U.S. city bid 7 times to host the Olympics, Detroit, and the most decorated Olympian, Michael Phelps, trained 35 minutes from the city in Ann Arbor. There, Michigan Stadium also has provided 107,000+ seats for extraordinary athletic competitions. On the Detroit River, annual hydroplane 200-mile-per-hour boat racing and Grand Prix auto racing along the world's largest urban island park, Belle Isle State Park, offers spectacular views from a common route for the world's only international marathon with an underwater mile. The youth of the world have been welcomed for decades to these competitions and would be welcomed to Olympics at the Midwest U.S. city in North America's largest megalopolis of 60 million people spanning the St. Lawrence Seaway-Great Lakes corridor.
A global business technology, sport, culture, music, and motorsports hub, Detroit would be an ideal city to host the Olympics according to Ambassador Andrew Young who orchestrated the bid for Atlanta 1996 Olympics held a mere 12 years after LA 1984. For the reasons cited here, Detroit and 3 other key USA cities can have a decisive positive impact on LA 2028, possibly strengthening Olympic ideals to make LA 2028 more inclusive than ever. The host city for the 2040 Olympics will be chosen by IOC in 2029.
Will motorsport athletes be invited to join the movement to compete by air, land and water? Perhaps Olympians might embrace a type of World Victory Games of motorsport linking Olympians and Paralympian athletes with qualified local internationals using identical host nation-provided machines for 5 teams chosen at random from among randomly mixed, qualified teams, regardless of their national affiliation, competing for 5 medals in 15 motorsports on behalf of 5 regions of the world: the Americas, Africa, Europe, Asia, and Oceana. Otherwise, a separate organizing committee might host such Games the weeks between Olympics and Paralympics.
In a Detroit caliber motorsports first dovetailing with or a part of the Olympics, all 5 teams could win and be recognized in Pace Cars at the annual Woodward Dream Cruise, the world's largest single-day automotive event commonly on an August Saturday with more than than 1,000,000 spectators who could cheer on Honorary Guest athletes escorted in Pace Cars down Woodward Avenue, thousands receiving a standing ovation along the 25-mile long boulevard route of the Dream Cruise propelling the Olympic into a new era of excellence and inspiration.
W O R L D V I C T O R Y G A M E S B L O G
THE TEAM USA COMPROMISE -- TOP 10
10 REASONS WHY THE TEAM USA COMPROMISE IS AN IDEAL FUNDING SOLUTION WITH PALISADE(S) LINKED TO 12 MILLION IMMIGRANT SELF-HELP PORT LAWFUL RE-ENTRIES, TO PROMOTE USA AND PREPARE AMERICA FOR BEST EVER 2028 OLYMPICS
1. A noble endeavor, the Team USA Compromise is totally humane and consistent with the Olympic ideals. Olympism is "a philosophy of life exalting and combining in a balanced whole the qualities of body, will, and mind. Blending sport with culture and education, Olympism seeks to create a way of life based on the joy found in effort, the educational value of good example and respect for universal fundamental ethical principles."
2. The compromise will protect humanity and human rights.
3. To go around a perceived impasse to the issue, the compromise uses more agreeable terminology - palisade(s) - linked with the joy of effort, to prepare for the Olympics, including 4 million immigrants in Greater LA and 8.1 million others who can help the USA through self-help.
4. The joy found in effort opens the door for 12 million, lawful, self-help re-entries of previously undocumented immigrant residents, via pre-approved U.S.-Canada boundary water cruises, to satisfy a Customs pre-requisite for proper screening. For the first time, the 12 million immigrant U.S. residents could help themselves, and communities across America, by traveling, at their own expense and pace, preferably in next five (5) years, to four (4) Northern ports for DHS and university supervised international boundary water boat trips, lasting just minutes, to qualify for proof of a required lawful re-entry.
5. This bold action will promote hope for Citizens who are ready to rise, realize their dreams, and increase understanding and cooperation across America, including with more than four (4) million immigrants in the LA region present, joining together for the LA 2028 Olympic Games.
6. If public-private-non-profit partners collaborate, the Troy, Michigan-based university-affiliated Organizing Committee for the Olympic Games (OCOG) could participate in forming new training of the youth of the Americas at three (3) high tech multi-state, private and public micro-campuses - made by students under supervision - in, Michigan and California - offering scholarly streamlined degrees and apprenticeships, for early college bachelor's degrees for dually enrolled 6-12 Title I and magnet school students. University I, II, III, etc. will pioneer Oxbridge-style tutorials yet with open innovation and fitness training in synergy with the philosophy of Olympism so degree graduates finish ahead of where they otherwise would be with or without current and future challenges -- along with improved training in every region of the 50 states within 6 years.
7. This will be a victory for the United States and the Olympic movement.
8. The proposed compromise not only uses natural and other palisades with a proven track record of success at many college campuses and venues, but also offers geographically astute ports to remove a barrier for 12 million USA, adult and child, previously undocumented immigrant residents, so they can complete a strictly cruise-based quick U.S. lawful exit and re-entry for Customs.
9. Open-gated palisades safely welcomed youth of the world to Olympic villages and other places, for world class athletic competition and academic training.
10. "The Team USA Compromise is a great advancement. For four (4) Northern port of entry cities - and for the 2028 Olympic host city community, that is regarded as the epicenter of the previously undocumented immigrant resident community served by the compromise, this innovation will be -- in the words of Winston Churchill -- 'not a seat but a springboard.' - " reproduced verbatim, as stated by Victoria E. Harper and Jasmine R. Harper, sister college athletes of the lineage of the late U.S. Civil War Gen. Wm. Tecumseh Sherman, and Roger Sherman who proposed the Connecticut Compromise to create the bicameral form of the legislative branch of the United States government.
W O R L D V I C T O R Y G A M E S B L O G
TEAM USA COMPROMISE: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
The critical unmet U.S. needs for two types of capital allocations - human capital and palisades capital - are met by the Team USA Compromise that provides an easy solution to a federal budget funding issue. The compromise simply calls for a bifurcated allocation -- namely, a Southern border palisade capital authorization contemporaneous with a human capital authorization enabling 12 million undocumented immigrant lawful self-help re-entries via quick U.S.-Canada boundary water cruises. Millions who were previously undocumented travelers may be ready and qualified to be vetted by Customs ("Vetting-Ready"), as they disembark from cruises lasting just minutes at 4 U.S. ports. The immigrant residents must pay their own way to their scheduled cruises with communities across the Nation benefitting. Millions of qualified immigrants and Citizens can fully participate together for the first time in welcoming the youth of the world to the 2028 Los Angeles Olympics and propel America forward on a new trajectory of growth.
ABOUT THE UNOFFICIAL OLYMPIC-CALIBER TEAM USA COMPROMISE
An Organizing Committee for the Olympic Games (OCOG) since 2013, the Detroit United Olympic Organizing Committee, proposes a way around the perceived federal funding impasse to get to the issue with an unofficial Team USA Compromise. That is, with the joy discovered in an effort to use a) natural and other palisade(s) to meet the critical unmet humane border needs, and b) a vital policy to enable DHS or university caliber partners to make 12 million undocumented immigrants Vetting-Ready through a self-help initiative in which they would pay their own way. Vetting-Ready means eligible for Customs screening after a quick self-help boundary water boat ride. The supervised, strictly cruise-based boat trips, including exits and re-entries from ports at Detroit, Niagara Falls, Toledo, and Seattle, would last minutes.
The self-help resident immigrant initiative, referred to as U.S. Rapid Advanced Program Of Re-Entry (RAPORE) proposed by the organizations signing onto an open letter to U.S. leaders will open the portal for millions of current residents who would otherwise be excluded by Customs. RAPORE fulfills a Customs prerequisite for screening by removing a barrier for the completion of legal and proper vetting for immigrants. For the first time, 12 million immigrants who qualify can join the USA in welcoming the youth of the world to the Los Angeles 2028 Olympics. LA 2028 can be the most successful Olympic Games ever. The Team USA Compromise unites the USA with the Olympic spirit that will ensure a safe passage through – in the words of the Statue of Liberty – “the Golden Door.”
If the United States authorizes this proposal by a community-based Organizing Committee for the Olympic Games, or ideally Oakland County, Michigan, where the Committee is based under new bold leadership, the initiative will serve the public weal with joy in the effort of the federal charge to promote self-determination with care and excellence for countless Citizens and 12 million immigrant residents who are potentially eligible. Private resources permitting, the collaborative will extend new training of the youth of the Americas with three (3) public and private multi-state micro-campuses with Fulbright caliber Oxbridge innovation. Students would help to build the high tech hometown micro-campuses. Except for the medical discipline, there would be no minimum age for jointly-enrolled students of Title I and magnet schools enhanced with apprenticeships and instruction on the Olympic ideals to cultivate mind-body balance with inner strength of will and character.